There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Poetry submissions will be open July 1st- July 31st, 2020. Fiction submissions remain closed. Stay tuned: follow us on Twitter @memoriousmag.
Thank you for visiting our submissions portal. We hope you have already visited us at www.memorious.org, where you can read through our archives to get to know the magazine. As part of our commitment to publishing new voices, we are currently only accepting submissions from writers new to Memorious for the July submission period.
- Please note that we do not publish previously published work (anywhere online or in print), collaborative poetry or prose, creative nonfiction, or reviews in the magazine.
- We welcome simultaneous submissions. As soon as you receive notice of acceptance elsewhere, please add a note on Submittable and let us know which poems you are withdrawing.
- In an effort to greatly speed up our response time, with a commitment to responding within two months, we are working to minimize correspondence with the following requests/measures:
Please do not query us about your submission unless there is need to, such as in the case of a publication deadline for a forthcoming collection. You can check your status on Submittable: if your submission says "in-progress," this means you have been assigned to readers or editors and you will hear from us when a decision has been made.
We will no longer write personal responses to submissions unless we are accepting work. The quality of our submissions is continually so high that responding to all of the wonderful work we have to pass over slows us down considerably. Also, we have noticed that "near miss" emails are sometimes very frustrating to writers. If it doesn't work out this round, please try us again: our editors notice return submissions and will be looking for your poem that might be the right fit!
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your poems.
- For our July, 2020 submission period, we are only accepting submissions from poets who are new to our pages. (Previous contributors, we love you and want to continue to hear your good news and champion you, and we look forward to hearing from you in future submission periods!)
- We do not accept previously published poems. (This means poems published anywhere online or in print.)
- Please send 4-6 poems in one attached Word or rtf document that is titled with your first and last name (i.e. PabloNeruda.doc). Your name and email address should be on at least the first page of the document. We request that you include your cover letter in the note area provided by Submittable.
- Note that our design template maintains some limitations in terms of formatting. Please keep this in mind as you decide which poems to send us. We were initially designed to mirror a print journal, so we have some similar dimension restrictions.
Thank you for considering us as a venue to send your work. With the exception of our first few issues and issue 30, around 95% of the poems we have published have come from unsolicited submissions, aka "the slush pile." We take each submission seriously.We are honored that you thought of us, and we look forward to reading your poems!
We look forward to reading your work! Check us out at www.memorious.org, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook @memoriousmag.